Happy 2018 all! I hope this holiday season was a joyous one and that this year is full of love and happy things. This is normally the time for new year resolutions, but those who have been following me on my blog know I do bi-monthly goals instead!
Remember, to be successful, I have to have completed more than 50% of my goals. Let’s see how I did!
- Write 1,000 words per day. This did not happen, but I did write over 15,000 new words in total, so that’s good! 0/1 point
- Finish my romance WIP. Hahaha nope! I swear this thing just keeps getting bigger! 0/1 point
- Get five new editing clients. Unfortunately, this did not happen, but I got to beta some cool projects and one of my clients set their book up for preorder! See it HERE. 0/1 point
- Come up with new marketing strategies to advertise my editing services. I did this! I re-opened my Fiverr account and I’m starting a special promotion for NaNoWriMo 2017 participants on January 15, 2018! 1/1 point
- Review at least 2 books I reviewed Keeper by Kim Chance .5/1 point
- Order business cards for my services I made them, but they have not been ordered yet. 0/1 point
- Get four more client reviews Nope. 0/1 point
- Start collecting extras (character sketches, deleted scenes etc. from my WIP for my blog) I did this! 1/1 point
Score: 2.5/9 Fail! But here’s hoping for an awesome 2018! My goals for January and February are:
- Write 10,000 words.
- Write chapters 14-16 of my WIP.
- Get five new editing clients.
- Get 10 clients through Fiverr.
- Come up with new marketing strategies to advertise my editing services.
- Review at least 2 books.
- Order business cards for my services.
- Get four more client reviews.
- Get secret personal project running.
- Post at least two short stories per month.
- Gather 10 more authors to interview.