It’s August and you know what that means! Time to see how I faired on my monthly goals for June and July and create some new ones! Remember, to succeed, I have to have completed at least half of my goals. So, without farther ado, June and July’s goals were:
- Finish the #12DaysOfChristmas series. Hahaha, I really ned to stop setting myself up for failure with this one. 0/1 point
- Write 1,000 words per week. I didn’t keep track as well this time, but I’m giving myself this one because I know I wrote way more than 8,000 words this go round. 1/1 point
- Write at least one blog post per week. Keeping the momentum going! Including two guest blogs. One on the lovely Kim Chance’s blog as well as one on the amazing Quills and Coffee talking about magic systems for Swap it Saturday. The lovely Caitlin Lambert also posted on my blog about the four essential elements of a scene! 1/1 point
- Write chapters eight and nine of The Trinketeer. I’m giving myself this one because I did add two new chapters, but I’ve been rewriting a lot, so they were 5 and 8 instead of 8 and 9. 1/1 point.
- Finish chapter one of my novella. Hahaha nope! 0/1 point
- Come up with a marketing plan for my freelance editing services. This is an ongoing goal, but I am working on it. I currently have a free trial running through April 20th, so if you need an editor, check it out! 1/1 point
- Post to Instagram eight times. I did this! Yay! 1/1 point
- Start my Youtube channel by posting my first video.
- Film at least four more videos.
- Edit two of those videos.
Goals 8-10 are all fails! I don’t think I have time to invest in another platform right now. I’m going to focus on being the best possible editor I can be instead. 0/3 points.
Final score: 6/11 points- Success! Now onto August and September
- Write 1,000 words per week
- Write at least one blog post per week
- Write three new chapters of The Trinketeer
- Get 5 new editing clients
- Come up with new marketing strategies to advertise my editing services
- Prep #DreamWIP questions for September
- Host a successful #DreamWIP
- Post to Instagram eight times
- Review at least two books
- Secure two more authors to write guest posts
That’s it! What are your goals for this quarter? Drop them in the comments below and as always, keep making magic, word weavers!