Hey guys! So, I found this on Kim Chance’s Youtube Channel and thought it might be fun to answer some questions about me as a writer using this tag. My apologies, I nor Kim know who the original creator was, but if they happen to read this, thank you!
- What do you eat or drink while writing? I don’t eat while writing, mostly because I do everything with one hand, thus eating while typing would be hard. Usually I drink water, but if I could pick anything and not feel like I just drank one too many shots of espresso, I would definitely want Caramel Frappuccinos.
- What do you listen to while writing? I’ve said this before, but I listen to my Pandora station constantly. Some of my favorite artists include: Bastille, Imagine Dragons, and One Republic
- What is your biggest writing distraction? School.
- What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you while writing? This is probably a far too common answer, but forgetting to save and losing bunches of work. Hence the reason I am such a big fan of the auto-save feature on Google Drive.
- What’s the best thing that ever happened to you while writing? Oh, that’s hard… Probably that moment when a scene or chapter finally comes together after struggling with it.
- Who do you communicate with or not communicate with while writing? Mostly other writers. I know some people are big fans of staying away from social media in order to focus, but I like to talk things out when I get stuck. Bouncing ideas off of others helps me figure out creative ways to fix plot holes or roadblocks that might come up. Even if we’re not talking about writing specifically, I never know what might inspire me.
- What your secret to success and your biggest writing flaw? My secret to success is setting short, obtainable goals. Rather than saying: I want to finish this book in a year, I say: I want to add 500 words to this chapter tomorrow. It makes the process a lot less stressful and overwhelming for me. Giving myself little pieces of instant gratification helps me want to push forward and finish the whole thing. My biggest flaw is probably that I’m much better working on multiple projects at once. That way, if I get stuck, I’m never not being productive. I think that’s why I like his blog so much, It creates the need for me to work one at least one writing-related thing that is not associated with school every day.
- What inspires you? Or what makes you productive? Mostly music, lyrics and things people say. Anything can, but for some reason, words seem to do it the most. Maybe that’s why I’m an English major 😉
- What is one thing you do or other writers do that’s annoying? I think mine would probably be talking to myself. I do that all the time, but especially when I’m writing.
- Are you willing to share something you’ve written? Yes! I hope to be published one day, but until then, you can download my free short story HERE, and read my flash fictions and poems HERE.
Side Note: Part 2 of The Fantôme Queen should be up some time between Friday and Sunday.